Erne Enterprise Development Company was set up some fifteen years ago with its objective being the revitalisation of the Economic, Social and Cultural life of Ballyshannon, Rossnowlagh and adjoining areas. It is a local enterprise company with members of equal standing, representing and active local network of individuals, from all walks of life, participating in or supporting various projects and initiatives.
The company maintains a professional support staff to work with individuals, businesses, community groups and new project teams.
- Provide information and contacts
- Source state and cross-border grant support for members
Erne Enterprise maintains close links with agencies such as the I.D.A, Enterprise Ireland, Donegal County Enterprise Board, Donegal Local Development Company, International Fund for Ireland, Failte Ireland, North West Tourism, I.C.B.A.N, Donegal-Tyrone Partnership etc.
Within the company structure, there are various sectoral groups chaired by Board members e.g. Industry, Infrastructure, Tourism, Youth & Sport, Arts & Culture & Community Development.
Properties controlled by the company include:
- Lakeside Centre Ballyshannon: Grounds – 3G Astro pitch which is used by local Soccer, GAA and Rugby clubs. Caravan Camping park with showers, toilets, play park and play room. Watersports and land sports Activities with qualified outdoor staff, Conference rooms to hire, Restaurant which caters for all.
- The Old Courthouse: in Ballyshannon – Tirhugh.
- Finner Business Park: a cluster of incubator units.
- Portnason: IT Centre containing 5 hot desk spaces, 4 units of 1,000 sq feet and 1 unit of 5,000sq feet. (again can be hired)
Activties: Astro Pitch and Watersports can be hired. Both run all year round and the Pitch can be hired day or night (check latest news at start of page). Outdoor activities: Canoeing – Kayaking plus more are run at the Lakeside Centre, you can hire or get instruction.
The Company is very actively involved with Ballyshannon & Bundoran Town Councils in development and promotion of tourism initiatives and is presently developing a programme of events calendar support for Tourism product providers within the West Fermanagh/North Leitrim/South Donegal area.
Many other projects are under construction within the various sectors.